PhreeSoft Forums PhreeBooks Installation and Setup Importing Data Corrupt Database

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dave 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

hardy
    Participant

I’ve got a corrupt database that won’t let me update the fiscal year and has multiple entries for customers that seem to be combining/sharing database components. I think my only solution is to export the customers & products and then start with a fresh database. Can anyone chime in on this? What’s the best way to start a new database and then repopulate with the backup data?

Dave
    Keymaster

What error are you receiving? You can always export and reload but this process also involves inventory, beginning balances and several other settings (taxes, branches, etc). You may be able to repair your books without wiping everything.

If your general journal is out of balance, there are tools in the General Ledger menu to fix them. If your contacts are messed up, you may be able to fix them directly in the db.

Dave

hardy
    Participant

Thanks, what happens is that when I create a new customer entry it ends up creating something like 4 different ones each with slightly different info from other customers (like the address and postal code from one, the contact name from another and everything else from the new customer info I just entered). I have learned that I can work around this by using existing customers in the list and just replacing the info, it started last summer sometime and I just worked through it… Is it a customer ID number that’s somehow out of sync (that’s what it seems like to me)? If I were to start looking, how many db files have a shared customer id entry?

I did manage to reset the fiscal year right in the database (deleted everything from 2017 that was generated and put it back in manually) and now it works again.
    Also, thank you very much for this software, it’s been great!

Dave
    Keymaster

Sounds like you contacts and address_book db is not set up as type InnoDB. Check your db tables (not all of them but most) to make sure they are not ISAM but instead are of type InnoDB. InnoDB types are used for transactions and PhreeBooks is VERY dependent on transactions to keep everything straight.

Dave

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.