December 2014 / PhreeBooks37RC1
Author – Ian
This was a local install on XAMPP in WIN7
‘trace.txt‘ is a very important tool – when you get error messages they should not be ignored.
I had 2 ‘trace.txt‘ instances after an upgrade (3.6 -> 3.7). The first of which was before the upgrade and the second, after upgrade.
- mySQL returned: 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax. This was fixed after the upgrade
- mySQL returned: 1054 Unknown column ‘product_margin’ in ‘inventory’. I changed table
configurationusing phpMyAdmin and set configuration_value = 3.5 for configuration_key = MODULE_INVENTORY_STATUS and did the install again. This installed the missing fields into the inventory table.
This was what I did.
- Login in to PB and do a backup of Database and Company Data Files.(Tools/Company Backup)Ensure you are logged out of PB
- Make a local copy of the PB directory
- Using phpMyAdmin, change the table
configurationand set configuration_value = 3.5 for configuration_key = MODULE_INVENTORY_STATUS. (A tip here, I didn’t realize there was more than 1 page of rows in the table ‘configuration’ and was only looking at 25 of the 300 and initially couldn’t find ‘MODULE_INVENTORY_STATUS’)
- Remove all files and directories from your PhreeBooks directory EXCEPT:
(a) KEEP: The directory /includes containing only the file: configure.php. This contains the configuration information to access the site and a few other default settings.
(b) KEEP: The directory /my_files (The company information is also in the my_files directory and should remain intact)
- Unzip the new version and copy the files over to your PB directory (overwriting existing).
- Login in to PB and the upgrade will occur automatically.
- Messages from PB were:
Success Successfully upgraded module inventory to release 3.7.4
Success Successfully upgraded module payment to release 3.7
Success Successfully upgraded module phreebooks to release 3.7
Success Successfully upgraded module phreeform to release 3.7
Success Successfully upgraded module phreehelp to release 3.7
Success Successfully upgraded module phreepos to release 3.9
Success Successfully upgraded module shipping to release 3.7
Please post any comments or suggestions for improvement to the Forum.