February 2014 / PhreeBooksR36RC3
Author – Faisal Shivani
o localhost on PC … (Windows only)
o WampServer ver 2.4
o PHP ver 5.4 and MySQL ver 5.6
o PhreeBooks ver 3.6
PhreeBooks on Sourceforge: latest release
GitHub latest: PhreeBooks-master (development & testing only. Not for production)
NOTE: You may need to ‘Rename’ the GitHub download, adding a ‘.zip’ file-ending before you can unzip and install.
It is assumed that you have a correctly configured WampServer installed on your machine. To check that your WampServer is working, type the URL: http://localhost in your browser and it should display It Works!.
For more information about setting up WampServer see
- Open the directory c:\wamp\www and paste in the unzipped PhreeBooks folder that you downloaded. Rename the folder if desired. For this HowTo we will assume that the folder is renamed to ‘phreebooks‘.
- Now is the time to add any desired Module files to the phreebooks/modules/ directory, if you want them auto-loaded during the PhreeBooks install and configure process.
- Open your browser and type localhost/phreebooks/index.php.
- If you have the PhreeBooks files correctly installed, you will be directed to the page titled Installation.
- Create a blank database through phpMyAdmin. Make a careful note of database name and password.
- Create the necessary includes/configure.php file as detailed below (copy & paste), amending the parameters appropriately. Only two changes are necessary:
6.1 ‘DIR_WS_ADMIN‘, which will be the name of the (PhreeBooks) folder placed in wamp/www directory
6.2 ‘DIR_FS_ADMIN‘ which will be the complete directory path to this (PhreeBooks) folder.
// | Phreedom Open Source ERP |
// | Copyright(c) 2008-2013 PhreeSoft, LLC (www.PhreeSoft.com) |
// | This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or |
// | modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as |
// | published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of |
// | the License, or any later version. |
// | |
// | This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, |
// | but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of |
// | MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the |
// | GNU General Public License for more details. |
// Path: /includes/configure.php
// Set the webserver and path parameters
// Main webserver: eg, http://localhost
// Secure webserver: eg, https://localhost
// Enable secure webserver for admin areas?
// valid values are true and false
// NOTE: be sure to leave the trailing ‘/’ at the end of these lines if you make changes!
// Relative (virtual) path from top of your webspace (ie: under the public_html or httpdocs folder)
// Complete physical path to your Phreedom root directory.
// Physical path eg: /var/www/public_html/app_dir/
// Set the default language, this can be changed at login or through the url with GET parameters.
// Set the default company, this can be changed at login or through the url with GET parameters.
// Set the database information, the login, passwrod and db name are stored in the company directory
7. Place your newly created and amended configure.php in c:\wamp\www\phreebooks\includes\.
8. Now fill the other information on the installation page and then click submit.
9. In your browser type localhost/phreebooks/index.php again and you should see the login screen.
Note: Please perform all the steps strictly in the sequence as mentioned.
- Refer to the detail of the SME Server HowTo for details of file permission settings, if required.
- If you successfully use this HowTo, please make a brief post to the Forum (below). Thanks
Please post any comments or queries to the Forum