Checks are printed on pre-printed three-part check stock (middle check). Have a chat with you bank.
Please make sure that you are happy that the PhreeBooks Form, Bank Check- Three Part, will match your proposed check stock before buying them. Best to print a check to blank A4 (or whatever is most suitable) and ‘try it for size’.
It is possible to adjust the layout of the Bank Check- Three Part in PhreeForm.
Often a business that prints a lot of checks will have one printer dedicated to printing checks only, loaded with three-part blank check stock. Two parts are sent to the customer and one retained.
Printing a Check:
- Enter a purchase/receive and fill out the form.
- VENDORS > Invoices > New Purchase/Receive Inventory
- Use Add/Update to enter the Pay-To information.
- You can enter line item(s) without SKUs, just make sure you put a quantity (usually 1), a description and a price.
- Then press the Payment icon (calculator) and the transaction will be posted and you will be taken to the Payment screen.
- All the fields should be filled out. Verify the reference number matches the check number.
- Press the PDF icon and you should get the Form: Bank Check- Three Part popup.
- Select the correct details and press the PDF icon. You should see the check image in the browser window.
- Print it as an overlay on a pre-printed three-part check stock (middle check).
Please post any queries or comments to the Forum